Average album design/print price question

alex_foto

Some designers price per image, some per page or spread(2-page). We use a combination of both. 2008 prices: $15/spread +$1/image.

Of course, you must also look beyond price, if you're shopping:

1. Most importantly - design style: Does the designer have a style you like and that makes you look good? Or are you stuck with their recipes?

2. Service: Are they easy to work with? Convenient? Turnaround time?

3. How do they handle revisions? How many free? What price for more changes?

4. Does your designer offer free trial (or some other way) to sample their design style using your images? Good way to find our if you're compatible.

Style trumps price for most people, I think.

We use labs sometimes (www.pechmanimaging.com) and album print+bind sometimes if it's offered. We always do a test print with any new lab or album company to make sure we're color calibrated.

Most of the albums we do are 30 or 40 pages. Some more, some less. We like to average 2-3 images per page - no more.

Hope that helps.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<p>Hi there,</p>

<p>I would design a 30 page album flat cost of $125. Plus two revisions by the client. For a total of 3 drafts. Extra for extreme photoshopping, and $25 for each additional ten pages.</p>

<p>I would say choose about 80 images for a thirty page album and add 20-30 pictures each additional ten pages.<br>

Obviously an album with 2-3 pics per spread is nice but more images can be done tastefully. Just depends.<br>

if you are ever looking for another printer, i would suggest brightroom inc. i think they are called backprint now but they are great!</p>

<p>Kasey - first - thanks for not posting a link or other contact information.</p>

<p>Second - we don't mind you posting about your services but only if you are also contributing very helpfully to other member's questions. Active members of photo.net may - from time to time - mention they can help IF someone is asking for resources.</p>

<p>Please do not post on old threads.... like this one.</p>