realtor headshot fee?

sam_ellis

Can anyone give me a general idea of what to charge for headshots for realtors? I've been asked to do some interior

and some environmental shots.

Is it bad form to ask what they have been charged by other photographers?

I was thinking $100 per person, $50 for each additional person in their office if done at the same time.

Any thoughts? Is that too low? I mainly shoot weddings and some family and senior portraits.

Thanks,

Sam

Your pricing seems fair. I'm a photographer and realtor, so I used to get opportunities to do headshots a few times a year. I never really did the group thing, but I would think that adding 50/person would be appropriate. I generally gave people 2-3 images of disc. Once I raised my prices for headshots, I stopped getting as many phone calls (not necessarily a bad thing for me, as I tend to focus more on the weddings, families, and seniors now). Charge as much as you can, though, because most of the agents in our market use the same image for 20 years! :)

Sam,

If you are dragging studio equipment to their site, I'd up the cost somewhat. I charge a bit more and a competitor of mine charges 150 per person, but his price includes professional makeup. Of course, the pricing depends on where you are. I think your pricing is fair, if perhaps, a bit on the economical side. If you are known for your headshot work, you should be able to charge more. That said, the with current economic conditions, coming in on the low side could work to your advantage.