Capture NX

pablito_pistola

"Robbert Budding, I dont't think your comments make much sense. Who says that the D700 should be $2,600, not $2,440 plus $160 for NX2? MSPs are a totally abstract concept. And why is it, then, that you got a free copy of NX up to the D300 without adding the so-called price (again, a totally abstract concept) to the price of the camera, and all of a sudden you have to pay for NX2, otherwise you can't correctly read the D700's files? As for 3rd party users being happy because NX2 is not bundled with the D700, I just don't get it. "

The point is that, in a free market, the manufacturer is free to set the price, and you are free to buy, or not. Software is not free. Nikon has to pay salarys, provide computers, heat buildings, and such. But you want it free. My point is that, if they had bundled the software together with the camera, that they probably would have set the price higher.

If thisisn't c;ear. let me know. I can recommend a few good economics and marketing books.

Robert Budding, it is very clear, and I don't need any economics book, thank you. but it still doesn't make much sense.

Like you say, they are free to set the price they want. So, they set the price of the D700 at $2,500. Then they set the

price of NX2 at $140. In all, that's $2,640. Now, why didn't they set the price of the D700 at $2,360 PLUS $140 for the

bundled software, for a total of$2,500? Or the D700 at $3,000, and NX2 at $250, for that matter? Or the D700 at $2,000,

and NX2 at $100.Or a bundled package at... $2,640? Do you really believe people like Dave,or myself, would NOT have

bought the D700 with the bundled NX2 if the price had been $2,640 instead of $2,500? To say «Had you rather have had to pay

$2,640 for the D700 with NX2» AFTER the fact doesn't prove much. Do you really believe that the set prices for both are calculated TO

THE DOLLAR, including developement, manufacturing, distribution and profit? The best example is the D3: they first sold it at

a certain price, WITH bundled NX. Then, they stopped bundling NX, but the price didn't change. Odd, isn't it?