Nikon TC14

wenhan_xue

Both the 200mm/f2 AF-S VR and 300mm/f2.8 AF-S VR are among Nikon's very best lenes.

If I were you, I would spend more time on your ability and opportunities to capture great images with those lenses rather than any minute difference in terms of image quality.

The TC-14E will degrade the quality a little, but since you start with an excellent 200mm/f2, I would imagine that the combo should be good enough.

I've sold plenty of pics using Nikkor TCs over the years, and in combinations that supposedly degrade the image.

<a href="http://www.jaypix.com/pix/lv2v3.jpg"> This particular image </a> was published in Road & Track back in

1981 in their article on the first Las Vegas Grand Prix Formula 1 race. The incident, where a journalist (Mike

Doodson) was arrested for trying to cross the track after practice was over (no cars on track and it was fine to

cross the track), caused the LVPD to be kicked out of the event. I happened to be using an F2S/300 2.8/TC1/K64

shooting something else and noticed the cops and fired away. I was the only person to get a shot of the

incident. There is nothing poor about the shot. I also had the lead shot for the coverage of the start of the

race shot with the same combination. Judge your situation from the results, not speculation.<div>00RTMD-87965784.jpg.b80f771250caee7f769541ad9be99fa2.jpg</div>