Disneyland Engagment Photos

hassy501

I realize that others have already said that they had an easy time & that many have blogs on pictures at Disneyland & Disneyworld. But we recently did our first engagement session at Disneyland (in September) and we had no issues & we had a total blast doing it. I hope we can do lots more. They checked our equipment at the security gates and said nothing (I think we had 5 lenses & two professional Canon cameras). I just wanted to share that we had a positive experience. Here's the link to our blog posting on it: http://journal.solorzanophotography.com/2008/09/23/the-happiest-place-on-earth/

I've shot there many times, including about 15 weddings. Disneyland does have their rules. In fact, if you use their wall sockets for powering your strobes, like White Lightnings, whatever brand, you need permission. On the other hand I never once asked for permission, nor has any of the Disney staff confronted me.

Shooting a wedding at Disneyland is nothing short of perfect. I asked a couple what they paid to have a disneyland wedding. It starts around $6000 just to use the land and with catering, hotel rooms, Disney's own band or DJ, a private reception room, you are looking at $35,000 and up. They paid around $49,000 for 200 guests.