Question On Low Prices....

erik_skipit

I am considering getting the K20D from Abes Of Main....They are running it at about 845.....I found Abes linked off

DP Review...My only concern is that this might be a gray market camera..Or a refurbished one or something like

that...

Does anyone know about Abes?....I am staying away from Broadway Photo....Far too many detailed complaints

about them from a number of individuals....Thoughts on other reputable on line stores to buy from are welcome...

I currently have the ist,stupidest name for a camera ever...So going to the K20D will be a nice step up...I just want

to make sure the body i'm getting is NEW not refurbished or gray market...A sales man told me the whole sale price

on it is 910 but i'm not so sure i believe that,look at that Costco deal....I dont need the lens so i'm not acting on that

Costco offer.....I'm just looking for the body only....

Abes of Maine seems to have a good price and includes the basics and free shipping but again how can i be sure

at such a low price i'm not getting a gray market camera.....B&H has it for 999.......I know B&H to be a very

reputable company....How can Abes sell it so cheap unless somethings up?

While I have never purchased anything from them I have never heard anything positive about the company either. I did call and inquire about a lens many years ago and after the rude experience I haven't gone back. Frankly people who post in here like to vent and are less likely to return positive experiences, but on the occasions I've seen that company's name here it has been tied issues.

Reanto....The problem is when you are buying new you should get new....Not thinking your getting new,paying the price or close to that of new and end up getting a used camera...THAT is the problem...And yes used can be fine...But as i said when your buying new you should get new...

Edgard thanks i have heard of them....Who hasnt lol....Might be my best bet for all my gear...<div>00RHy3-82687584.thumb.jpg.444914b49e27998cf59f182df5dc717d.jpg</div>

ProDigital, an eBay store out of Canada. Everybody has been happy with them (although shipping is sometimes reported to be slow). They've sold K20Ds (body only) for as low as $620 + S&H. New, of course.

If you want to take advantage of Live.com's cashback offer (currently 25%) and get faster shipping, you could shop here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110301503425

I ordered the 31 Ltd from them and cannot complain. Placed order on Thursday night, got shipping confirmation on Friday, lens arrived on Monday via UPS. I got $200 cashback too :-)

Hmmmmm I dont think i'd trust a price that low....You'd think something has to be up and buying Canada you have much less recourse if anything goes side ways,US laws and standards do not protect you in Canada,or Mexico or China or any other country that can possibly sell you the camera you want for a lot less....Sorry...I'll buy from a State side dealer with a name behind them....But thankyou for the time to pass that along....