Camera of the month.

WHY Rollei put the focusing knob on the right side of the Cord's is a question i have often pondered. Maybe it was a cost saving measure (?) - i don't know. But it also throws me off... Nevertheless, i have a IV model which i believe was only made for one year. It has a coated Xenar, takes good pixs. and is lighter than my Ikoflex's......

I was just wondering the other day when you were going to put up another review. I really look forward to reading these, and this one was most informative as usual, along with the complement of great photos as well. As with folders, I'd like to work with a good TLR sometime soon; the closest I've come is putting part of a roll through a Reflekta but I realize it's nowhere near the quality of the Rolleicords or flexes. It has primed the pump though to use a nicer TLR, so your article was helpful in providing information on a possible choice. Nice job again, Tony!

I very much like your dead bird on the beach shot Tony. The creature has a real primeval quality. Also like the grass

shadows. Both shots gain a lot from their simplicity and unclutterd nature.<br>

On another tack if you want to see a really messed up Rolleiflex 1 that I picked up a while back, take a look <a

href="http://steve45.hostrator.com/Rolleicord1.html" target="_blank"> here</a>

Nice review Tony.

These may be considered the poor man's Rollei, but I somehow got the impression when I got my first Cord a couple years back that it is a camera intended for the tourist enthusiast. After using the one I kept for a variety of subjects I was impressed a bit beyond the tourist camera thought. Mine is the Rolleicord III, and I have hung on to it for one reason, the lens. Single coated Xenar 75mm 3.5 tessar design. Simply a good camera, and fun to use for most things it is appropriate for, which is much.

Being left handed, I actually like the opperation of the camera and takes only a few minutes to regain a comfortable feeling with it after not using for a while.

Tony,

Glad to see another installment! Your presentations are very well done! Thanks for sharing that! Also Your photography is SUPER! I am especially inspired by the "More Trees" shot! Something to shoot for.. pun intended. Steve and I are in the same boat with our less than desireable "Art Deco" models.

I hope my Triotar can deliver stopped down images of equal clarity!