Men with gas

gene m

The line about the "gas pusher" might be pushing the joke a little far.

Anyway, there's some found film at an antique shop near my house. It's an Argus camera, all plastic... looks like a direct competitor to the Instamatic lines, looks about 1950s. It has some color film in there... any chance it can be saved? I'm not sure if the camera has already been opened...

Thanks!

There probably used to be 100 to 1000 roll-film cameras sold for every 35mm camera. Look at all the folding cameras on eBay.

Moreover, I suspect the primary film running through 35mm cameras "in the day" was Kodachrome, so you won't find much found 35mm B&W film.

As for the film, my unexposed Super-XX isn't in as good shape as these!

Well, it came with an "extra roll" at the Antique store and now I can't remember what it was. It came with the display from the original store... I want to say it might have said Sears on there somewhere. Anyway-- if I recall correctly, they were advertising new color negative film for 127. Is that even possible? I'll check on Tuesday to see if my memory stinks or not.

It is like Gene invented 'the time machine. What is a good estimate of year of these photos. I saw one Ford of the 36-37 era, but the plymouth looks like late 40s. The skirt lengths are fairly short, which puts it earlier than those awful calf length skirts of the early to mid 50s.

I would guess 1948.