Classic Leica M3 camera 5.0mp

kina

Hi all... I am very attracted to the Minox Leica M3 reproduction, I am just very unsure about the usability....

The 5 MP one has an SD slot, so that is better to previous versions. But it doesn't have a flash, and I am very

unsure about how much it can be used without optimal light conditions (eg an evening or inside shot). I am

looking for someone that owns the Minox M3 to give me some feedback.

I am looking at this camera because of the size, the look is spectacular... I already own a professional reflex

and I am looking for a tiny one to bring around in all situations as the reflex doesn't do the job... I am just

worried this won't cover all situations.

Thanks all for the advice, Valeria.

I would only buy this camera for the looks - not functionality. There are far superior P&S didcams out there for the same price and even the same size. I think it is a cute little camera, but at 3.4mp native resolution it is a thing of the past. Look at any of the Nikon or Canon digicams in the same price range and you can get Image Stabilization, at least 8mp, zoom (not the digital zoom crap), built-in flash etc. etc.

Hi Juergen, thanks for your answer... but doe this camera work in poor light situations or not?! I am looking to understand how poor is the picture's quality in low light - shadow - etc.

I am aware of the other cameras (canon A590 e.g)... there are many around, but I need info on the light conditions this camera could encounter. Thanks a lot !!

I have the original M3 - not satisfied. I recently got the M3 Plus - much better. Much to be desired. Still, with

the view-screen and focusing from close-up (0.5 meter) to 1 meter to infinity, I think I like it. Apparently the

slowest shutter speed is 1/10 second and the "film" speed is 100ASA. I don't like flash, with all those

distracting shadows, so I'm interested in low-light photography. I didn't expect much but maybe it's okay; see

for yourself the attached low-light images. For outdoor photos in bright sunlight, if may be necessary to adjust

the EV on the camera's menu.

Photo.net is too cumbersome for attaching images, so look here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/JohnDerrickson/MinoxM3Plus_20081024#

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...