What Quantity of C-41 Developer per Roll of 220

According to Kodak Z-131 publication the capacity of C-41 developer for roller tube processing for a roll of 220

negative is 1 liter. And the developer should not be reused. Is this real? That means it needs a liter of C-41

developer to develop a roll of 220 negative. That sounds like a lot of developer. Can anybody confirm that this

is indeed the quantity of C-41 developer needed? Can I get away with 850 ml or less? Can you replenish the

developer from roller tube processors like Jobo processors? I am planning to use C-41 Developer LORR to

replenish. Is this a plan heading for failure? Any comment from actual experience is appreciated.

Depends on your tank and how much you need to cover the film. For one shot use, 4oz will develope 80 square inches, 8 oz for 160 or a roll of 220 providing that is sufficient to cover the film.

More certainly does not hurt and is not a waste if you plan on replenishing. I would not replen for low volumn work. The stuff is so cheap, I use it one shot.

8 oz for a roll of 220? That's 1/4 of what Z-131 says. Is this real? I am sorry not I don't believe it but it seems too good to be true. You are right that there is no need to replenish it. I will use it one shot too. The question I have is exactly how much developer I need to use for processing one roll of 220. A roll of 220 is a lot of film comparing to a roll of 35mm-36. I can agree that 8 oz will be enough for 35mm-36.

The capacities given in the Kodak literature are very conservative - I've used 150ml per roll of 120 or 300ml per roll of 220, one-shot, with good results. Other discussions on pnet and elsewhere seem to bear this out as a reasonable amount. The best is to try it and see. For me, one-shot gives consistent results when processing small runs of film a couple of times a month in a Jobo...