Hasselblad - Pinhole photography ??

marios pittas

I am sure this may appear as a dump question, but I got "stuck" and would hate to loose my camera for nothing.. so

here it goes:

Q: Is it possible to use the hasseblad for pinhole photography?

If yes (and I pressume it is yes, since I have seen plenty of references in the forum discussing shutters on top of

front body cups etc).. can someone remind me of what the limitation was about the Hasselblad (V system of course)

and lens and the lens cocking? Or in otrher words, is it possible to fire the hasselblad with no lens attached?

Once again apologies for what appears a silly situation / question..

Hello Pittas,<br><br>Yes, it is possible. But the Hasselblad body caps have a raised ridge running through the center, hollow behind, but with a solid 10 mm thick center again, making them less than ideal as a pin hole carrier.<br><br>There are no limitations re using a Hasselblad without lens attached.

hi pittas,

one limitation to consider is that if you are going to use the body and its shutter button your focal length cannot shorter than about 65mm (about 60 degrees angle of view) because the mirror needs room to swing up. if you just want to use the film back and you want wider angles, you can easily find a way to make a special pinhole body to mount over the back and use a manual shutter.

good luck

rj