Reregistering pre-owned Photoshop?

Friends, I am looking on Ebay for an older version of PS7 for the G4 box I got to operate my Eversmart scanner. Is it

necessary to get a disc that has not been registered by the previous owner? Simply put, if I have the disc and the

serial number to install, will I be able to use it beyond a certain time frame without registering it? And if it has been

previously registered by the original owner, can it be reregistered, and if not, I assume it is not something I should

buy. Many thanks

Abobe will currently allow registration on two machines for non group licences. If you are not the register owner, I do not know if they will unregister it for you so you can put it on a new machine.

There is a customer service number on Adobe site.

Why not just get a new copy of Photoshop Elements? It is better than PS7.

Ronald, thanks for yours. If I am not mistaken, Elements runs on OS X. Problem I have is that my Eversmart scanner (Pro II) runs on OS 9 classic. Basically, I use the G4 to scan the images. And I use a much more powerful PC with CS2 to process them. Problem is that the tiffs that are created with the Oxygen software for the Eversmart can not be opened by the PC. I get a "not the right kind of file" message. If I get PS for the G4, I understand that I can designate the images to be opened in either the Mac or the PC. Basically, I am looking for the Mac simply to be a conduit to the PC. If Elements works in OS9, that would be fine. Your thoughts. Thanks.

Okay, with PS 7, there is no restriction on how many times it may be initialized, or how many machines it can be loaded

on. All of that changed with Photoshop CS. In addition, PS 7 has the ability to run on both Classic (OS 9) and OS X.

Registration is voluntary, however, if that serial number has ever been registered with Adobe, then in order to move it into

your name you must files a "transfer of Ownership" form with Adobe. The info can be found at the link below.

<http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15281&sliceId=1>