40d backfocus issue may have happy ending

felix_mizioznikov

originally bought a 40d and having issues with backfocusing. Sent it in 4 times and problem was not fixed. Spoke

with higher up individual who then replaced and new 40d body still backfocusing. The 40d does not have micro lens

adjustment. Many canon bodies and lenses have tolerances for back or front focus and if the camera is way off and

the lenses are way off the other way you will always have images that are crisp but a few inches behind the

intended focus point. So, canon offered to upgrade me for free to the 50d and I asked what it would cost for me

to get into the 5d mark 2, they said it would be the price difference between the 50d and the 5d mark II and they

promised I'd get it in hand in about 2 weeks. the 5d mark II offers in custom menu micro lens adjustments for up

to 20 lenses so if the lens is say 3 points back adjusts, the camera will compensate 3 points forward and perfect

focus right where the red lights beeps. so I'm waiting for them to call me on the 17th as promised to make the

arrangements.

I freaking cant wait!

• 2 weeks later...

they did have me send the camera back with my 50mm 1.4. the 50mm was new but they replaced the lens barrel on it making the problem worse, so they then sent me another new 50mm 1.4 which is when i told them I had enough.

mark your getting it for 2000 quite a deal. I've seen many internet places advertising it for that much but it's a scam they will keep telling you it's on back order meanwhile they have already charged your card.

still havent gotten mine, I spoke with canon last week and they told me estimating min november. Once they have the tracking number from japan or wherever they will let me know and will ship one to me once it arrives.

I'll brag about it once I actually have it in hand.