Buying from www.digitalrev.com ?

ron_kunzelman

I have purchased equipment in the past (not in the last year through) through eBay where they do have a rating. I haven't looked lately but that might give you some indication of their reliability.

For the record I v'e bought a couple of cameras and a flash and bits and pieces without any problems through eBay. At the time they must have had a good rating otherwise I wouldn't have bought from them.

Hope this helps.

BTW I purchased from Australia.

Rob

Their prices are indeed based on tax free Hong Kong, so you may need to allow for import taxes and customs handling charges depending on the precise deal (they sometimes offer to cover these) and where you live. Import taxes are usually levied on the price including shipping in most countries.

As Mark U says, goods from DigitalRev are liable for import duty and local sales tax as they all come from Hong Kong. Sometimes you'll get away without paying it but it is always a risk worth remembering. As others have said, sometimes DigitalRev offer to pay any import taxes but that offer usually comes at a cost as the item will be more expensive if that guarantee is offered. Always pay with a credit card (not Paypal etc) so you'll have legal cover if the item fails to arrive or is faulty.