75mm f/2.8 SMC-LS for Pentax 645

uaguy

Seems like there is some problem in my camera. When the lens set in the right way - the LS indicates on LCD and in this

case seems to me the LS goes just abit ahead as it should be and as the result - there is nothing on film. What I've done

I've set the lens just about to right position (just a bit and LS will appear on LCD) in this case the camera allows me to set

any of shutter speed less than 1/8 sec. Well I will try tomorrow and will let you know.

If you use the depth of field lever after you cock the shutter, the LS in the lens should fire. The shutter in the lens is

set off by the same mechanism that the camera uses to stop the lens down to the correct aperture. You can look at

the front of the lens and see the shutter firing when the lens cap is off. You will have to recock it after you do this,

however. It appears that the lens is communicating to the camera body because, for the LS to appear in the LCD,

the lens has to be mounted.

With no film in the camera and the insert removed and with the lens cocked, look through the back, set the lens at

1/60, point at a bright object, and see if you can see light. If so, the camera and lens are operating properly.