Call me paranoid...

chrisspracklen

Okay, lets say what really needs to be said... Ratings are regarded as a guide to how well we're doing as photographers. The opinions of our fellow photographers helps us to know what we need to do to improve our work. Subjective... Yes! Thus the variety of ratings. The only problem I have with this whole thing is "who" should be able to rate a photo? I do not believe that unpaid members should be allowed to rate. I say this because, by allowing non-paid members to rate we are truly allowing others to be abusive to our community members! It is to easy to set up bogus accounts to attack our community. For example: I have a number of competitors here locally who would love nothing more than to discourage me in this manner. No matter how thick ones skin is it still gets to you! Lets just keep it civil and amongst our community and I think that we can all live with that...

Good Evening to you Edward Carvajol, Jr.,

I hope you don't mind if I make a few comments - I won't even be anonymous. Did you really mean to say that ratings are a

guide of how well you are doing as a photographer? I hope you rely on something more concrete than someone giving you a

number score. You make a lot of sense saying that only members that have paid should be allowed to rate a photo. After all,

If I were a paid member, I wouldn't give you a bad anonymous rating. You might find out who I was and give me a low rating.

My local competitors could tell everyone (and I suppose chuckle among themselves), "there, I told you so, that Mark

Chartrand is a rotten photographer. He got a bad rating from a PAYING anonymous rater." Lord, Yes! Let's keep those ratings

amonst our community so that we will give each other only high ratings. That way, we can all be great photographers.

I do indeed get a 7 for these comments - even if I give it to myself - anonymously.

Mark

Dear Mark,

Just a quick thought to you from me or is it to me from you or is it ... whatever. Remember: you are not really paranoid if

someone is really out to get you. Then again, if that person is anonymous, does he/she exist? If he/she does not exist,

maybe you really are paranoid. Either way you are one sick puppy and probably should not be rating yourself -- especially

anonymously. You might find out who you are and become really paranoid! Either way you should give yourself a 7 so that

you and your competitors know you really are a great photographer.

Mark - or is really Mark saying he is Mark

• 1 month later...