Atoron versus Minox B

thermionicist

Hello all,

Along with my Minox B I also have a Yashica Atoron that I haven't used in many years. Its meter is dead, the viewfinder is fogged up a bit,

and the shutter runs quite slow.

So here's my question: which of the two cameras (The Minox B or the Atoron) takes the best picture aesthetically?

In other words, if you were me would you have the Atoron fixed or just stay with the Minox? By the way, I will not stop shooting the Minox

B, but I had thought of shooting the Atoron along with the B.

When new the general consensus was that the Minox B was better than the Atoron and the Minox C better than the Atoron Electro. The Atoron electro has some advantages, that in some circumstances make a better photograph. The aperture is variable. The accessory set for the Atoron electro are also extensive.

You can get the Atoron repaired but this will cost the equivalent of more than a couple of replacement cameras. My first choice of a second camera would be a Minox C. The prices of all of these cameras has dropped and there are enough around that you should be able to find one in working condition. I have found a higher percentage of Atoron electros with non-functioning meters. The same is true of Atorons compared to Minox B.

One other point - Atorons are noisy compared to Minox cameras.