Where can I get Liability insurance for one time event - Philadelphia, PA

tobias_vanderwerken

Shooting a wedding for a friend as a gift, I am not a professional. The wedding is this Friday night and the

reception hall wants me to sign a waiver saying I will be responsible for any injuries and financial loss to

gests and employees. It is very strongly worded and I am not comfortable with signing it.

<p>

I don't want to upset the bride with this development. Can anyone tell me where I might be able to get

photographers liability insurance for a one-time event so I can avoid signing their waiver?

<p>

Thanks so much...I do appreciate any help.

Go to someone that can do business insurance. It's not that big of deal, but there is a cost and I would pass it along to the wedding party. Probably in the couple hundred dollar range or less depending on how much insurance they say you need... I presume the contract said? Often it's $1M. Also, look at your workspace here. There is an insurance policy program that is reasonable. I haven't looked at it too closely because I already have my own, but maybe it has some coverage you can use. Even if you didn't use the liability much, the equipment coverage might be useful.

tobias - any chance this is in kings mills, in media, pa?

if it's a gift, and money isnt' changing hands, don't sign it. just be a guest like normal. they aren't going to stop you from being a guest with a camera, right? even if you are focused a lot on taking pictures, you aren't a pro - you are an invited guests. their loss.

If you wish, you could consult a lawyer. Does the reception hall have insurance in force to cover you if you have a slip down the stairs in "their" building?

Generally the law has to cover both parties equally. If the reception hall wants you, the photographer, to provide full liability insurance for "all" the guests, something may be needing attention from your lawyer.

Don't sign the document. The place will make you pay for every plate or cup that is broken, napkins that may get torn, probably for even cleaning the carpet. You also put yourself on the line if an employee cuts their finger or a guest gets drunk and gets in an accident on the way home.

Tell the place you are a guest, show up as a guest, and enjoy yourself.

??? how did they find out about you??? Did bride, and groom tell them you are going to shoot their wedding??? I will tell your friends (the

bride and groom), let them know the situation. You don't need to sign any contract if you show up as their guests, you could take any

pictures you want at their wedding...

But, if you are interested in having liability insurance, it is not expensive. I have mine (1M), around $300/year).

• 1 year later...