Hey Bob Atkins what's your impression of 5D Mark II Pro Photog hands on preview

mark_sam

Looks good, in fact it looks great but until I actually get my hands on a production model and test it myself, I can't really give any personal comments.

Obviously photo.net is trying to get hold of a sample to test, but so far we haven't been able to get hold of one. We will get one at some point, but I can't say when thay will be. That depends on Canon USA, not photo.net!

Other than for marketing the 5D Mk II to a wider photography audience, is there any real purpose to putting video with audio

in the camera? From the reviews I've read it's look good and maybe a bit much for many photographers, but I can't find a

use for the video if you're a still photographer. Are they trying to sell to the opposite now, get a video photographer to have

the added features of still photography? Just curious and wondering.

Integrating video and audio into existing digital applications is a growing factor; my golf instructor has a new cell phone with video and audio capabilities, which are amazingly good in terms of resolution and practical use; you may think you have no use for it, but after using it a couple of times, all of a suuden it becomes a necessity, and quite good. Imagine the possibilities....

I'm with Bill on this one - I have often claimed that I had no interest in new features or specs that I later decided were quite

cool and later still, indispensable! Cell phones with cameras would be a case in point.

I have two 5D Mk IIs on order, and while I can't think of any definite use for the video feature right now, it wouldn't surprise

me to find myself being a total convert after a few months, having discovered some cool use for the video that helps my

business - even if it's as simple as documenting compass points, time of day, light direction, names of contacts and

additional details of locations when on a scouting trip.... there you go, thought of one already!

They claim to have sensor cleaning mode and for LCD viewing in bright light.

Having HD video capabilities with me and my canon L lens set would come in handy. I rarely carry my Sony video camera since I am burdened down by my F2.8 lenses like the 70-200. Using these lenses on a video camera that I own would be astounding. Its probably not the choice to shoot a wedding video, but why scoff at it.

>>is there any real purpose to putting video with audio in the camera?<<

If you are a PJ or spots photographer that is a GREAT feature to have available 'on-the-fly'.

Also, I assume you could do stop motion animation without 'killing' the shutter...and it beats the 3.9 fps for those times when a fast sequence is required.