Nikon SB900, SB-800 and SB-600 Wireless Flash Quick Reference

ShunCheung

Previously I had posted this information before, but earlier today I saw Sara Moosbrugger from Nikon USA.

She developed this quick and handy wireless flash guide for the SB-600 and SB-800.

I asked her about posting this information on Nikon USA's web site,

and she told me that it is already available as a PDF. Here is the link:

<BR>

<A HREF="http://www.nikonusa.com/Assets/Common-Assets/PDF/FastTrack_To_WirelessSpeedlights.pdf">

nikonusa.com/Assets/Common-Assets/PDF/FastTrack_To_WirelessSpeedlights.pdf</A>

It is essentially the same guide from the beginning. It has been slightly updated with "new" information on the D300, which is not that new any more. It should be updated again with control information from the D700, which is the same as the D200 and D300 (Custom Setting e3) and D90.

There is the new SB-900 flash also, but the SB-900's menu system is much easier to follow than the SB-800's, although the SB-900 has a lot of new options so that in a sense it is also complicated.

this is a very helpful reminder Shun. It took me a long time to figure out the complexities of using the sb600 and sb800

together. Then I don't use them for a while, and I have to remember all over again, so I will print this out and keep it in my

bag for a quick refresher.

thank you

Thanks that is great info. I would really like for Nikon to create fast and user-friendly manuals. In a pinch this will do.

Nikon's manuals should be about customer intimicy, people should buy Nikon instead of Canon because of the manuals. As of now I only know of Thom Hogan really adressing this kind of issue. www.bythom.com Here you can buy manuals that actually explain what all those buttons do.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...