Music for DVD Photo Montage - Resources requested

desiraelynn

I'm interested in finding out what other photographers are using for music. There is a huge demand for photo

montages, but there's not a lot of info out there regarding the legalities. I've asked a videographer that I know and

couldn't get a straight answer. Do you by royalty free, released, or from iTunes? The music that I have purchased

for advertising (with a release) isn't very good and will but everyone to sleep. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Since, I do both video and photo work and I am new to the market I have recently dealt with these issues as well.

The royalty free music that I found to be the best was the digital juice product, Stack Traxx. They have a couple

of romance dvd's among their vast collection and you can customize the tracks as well. If you want to use

anything from iTunes, you have to obtain the rights to it, period. I've been avoiding licensed stuff as much as

possible but I'm in the middle of negotiating with a major label to obtain the rights for a tune. I want to use

it for a demo reel and I figure it's worth the investment. If you're cranking out a lot of montages, I would

recommend royalty free, but be prepared to sift through a lot of garbage.