My mac website

sanyflame

I really hope I'm posting this in the right place and that I don't upset anyone by asking for some comments. I have created a website with

my mac account and would love any comments on it. I'm not yet intending to sell any services from this site as I'm pretty much a beginner

but wanted something with a good look. I also thought of creating a blog to go along it to write about my photographic experiences but then

I thought it would be too much of a personal website and that's not what I want. What do you think?

The link is http://web.mac.com/susieguerreiro/ . I also want to get a proper domain name but I'm unsure how to do it. I'm in the UK and

have googled it but there's lots of options where to buy a domain, so not sure what's the best/safest.

I don't miss anything, but my mind and fingers miss a lot. Best luck with your photography and work. You'll spend the rest

of your life learning and die feeling you didn't have enough time. Ah, the Website. What's TFCD? I would either spell it out

or add the full words to the acronym. Otherwise, it's nice.

Thanks Scott for your comments and wishes. TFCD or TFP is used a lot in the UK. It means "time for a cd" or "time for

prints" as a way of paying a model . It's good for models who are new and looking to expand their portfolio. Anyway, you

are right, not everyone might know it so I'll correct it. Thanks.

How about this then:

"I'm a photographer who's just starting out. My main filed of interest is portraiture. I'm still looking for models,

preferably tattood. For more information you can send me an e-mail"

Don't know about the UK but in a lot of countries "amateur" has a negative connotation. Furthermore I wouldn't link to

another site. Either I find what I want on your site or I just don't bother.

From personal experience I can tell you that such a message is not the best way to get models. I have photographed

a lot of tattood and pierced women years ago. I was lucky to have a few that I knew but I also started to visit

conventions and local shops. Once they see your work and get to know you it gets fairly easy. As a woman you

have a certain advantage there, use it and have lots of fum.

Thank you Tom. I will look into the wording. Tattoos conventions are a good idea. There's one coming to London next

month so will try there. Like you said being a women might be easiest and as I have a few tattoos myself it might be even

better. Thanks for the tip.

Gene, thank you very much for your comments, you are very kind!

I'd tone down the mac-part, since you're not doing a site about using macs but a site about your photography. Naturally that can be done when you have a proper site with galleries and all.

As for domain names, a name doesn't cost much, hosting costs a little bit but if you plan on running a business then it's usually a minor expense. I can't recommend any service, try to compare prices and get a service that has reasonably good customer service and allows upgrade options. That they speak English and are roughly in the same time zone helps too :-) domain hosting is potentially a huge mess, so you might also consider paying a little bit extra to get a full package of domain names, hosting etc. Doesn't need to cost much, though.