Help! Problems with Mack Camera & Video Warranty

brillb

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Becky,

You can not blame Mack Camera for UPS messing up with this delivery. We paid $53.46 on THURSDAY November 13th for UPS to ship this NEXT DAY to you. You should have received it on Friday. As following up with UPS goes, our UPS Rep, Michelle, whom we spoke with at 9:45 AM today, is running a trace and trying to get this to you today as she recognizes it is their mistake.

Let me reiterate, it is not Mack Camera or B&H's fault for this package not being delivered on schedule. It is 100% UPS's neglect which they recognize. Whether we shipped this USPS, UPS, DHL or FedEx it could happen with any shipping company as they are also human. We apologize that you experienced this problem but I promise we are doing what we can to try to get this issue resolved.

Scott

Mack Camera & Video Service

In the goofy weird world of blaming others B&H and Mack should be responsible for anything; whether its UPS; taxes; global warming, whether one gets a flat tire.:) In the spirit of goofy blaming UPS is not responsible; Mack is. :) Its a consistant blaming of the outfit not responsible for issues. Thus if Becky shoots wedding photos; the bride and groom could blame her for the catering; dress; if a lab is late; if UPS is late; if they have marriage issues:). Sometimes camera repairs are not easy or quick. "Issues" with extended warrantys have been a rash with consumer complaining for eons; its ancient. One should not have just one tool; whether one is a photographer or carpenter. One new Nikkormat FTn-K I had was in an out of Nikons warranty dept for about a year back in the 1970's. Would folks be happier if all retail bumped up prices by 10 to 20 percent to make folks like Becky happier with free loaners?

Scott...

I appreciate your position on this matter with United Parcel Service and accept your apology. However, I have been told by UPS that this package will not be delivered until Monday. It arrived in Indiananpolis at 6:52 AM. I hope your rep, Michelle has some clout with them and can get the camera delivered today.

In the pro carpenters case they will have more than one saw. They might complain if one unit is flakey and had infant mortality issues. They would NOT have a saw next day aired. They would have many saws and have spares and not hold a job up based on having one tool. Having just one tool is abit risky and expensive; whether its a photographer today or a stone mason 3000 years ago.

Scott...

Have Michelle call me about delivery instructions. Mackcam has my number. I tried to call the store and although it is open, there was no operator to put me through to you and I don't have your extension.

The call center at UPS says that MACKCAM should get a refund. They don't do anything for the receiver who has been inconvenienced.

Scott.....

I just reviewed the UPS/Big Brown tracking. It has been updated to deliver on the 17th. Tell Michelle that she has not been

effective so far. That is a far cry from Overnight Delivery. You might want to consider a different carrier.

Hi Becky, I am sure all of us can understand your frustration. However, regardless of who was at fault earlier, it looks like Scott is trying very hard to help, but it is UPS that drops the ball in this hopefully last leg. Please be a bit patient and hopefully all of this will be resolved if not today by next Monday.

<i>Stores like B&H and their management team don't seem to realize that customer service doesn't stop when the

money changes hands, especially when they have sold you a warranty.</i><p>

Of course we do. That's why I'm here, have been here for quite a while, originally alerted Mack to this post (and the

situation behind it), and continue to discuss this with Mack, as I did recently at PhotoEast. Everyone involved is

sorry Becky's had the difficulty she's had. It's too bad Becky's chosen to blame us for this and to blame Mack for a

failure on UPS"s part. <p>Henry Posner<br><b>B&H Photo-Video</b>

Henry Posner

B&H Photo-Video

Scott....

If there are any special requirements for delivery of the camera tomorrow, let me know ASAP. UPS needs to call me if this package requires a signature, so that it can be redirected to my office. I do not want anymore problems with this delivery. UPS obviously did not take care of the delivery for Saturday and I am tired of all of the delays and mistakes.

For all of the credit Henry Posner from B&H Video is trying to take in getting this matter resolved, it is just not so. John

Schoeder, another camera retailer is the one that has gone to bat for me in this situation. I applaud him and his attempt to

help out. Now, Henry come lately, wants to take credit for helping me, the consumer. This is not so. John Schroeder has

been very helpful in resolving this matter and a person I would consider a "respectable" retailer. He is the one that offered

ideas about possible problems with the camera and ideas of what to have the Mack people look for. This is evidenced

earlier in this thread.

Henry Posner, and B&H Video have not contacted me once since this matter started. The contact made with B&H was from

me to them. They have only posted to this thread. They have done nothing to maintain "good" customer service. Posner

has NEVER called or emailed me. This is just lip service and an attempt for Henry to act like B&H has been supportive

throughout this process and will provide customer service. They told me "upfront" that they no longer had an association

with Mackcam.com and that I was on my own.

Becky, it's apparent you're bitter about this and that's understandable. You've been through a frustrating ordeal

and I think everyone here sympathizes with you for that. Your unrelenting bellicosity and hostility though are

misplaced as is this disappointing attempt to deride and belittle B&H.<p>I am sorry for the ordeal you've been

through and sorrier you've chosen to rail at us as you have.<p>The fact we no longer sell Mack's products does

not mean my friendship with their owner and several of their most senior managers has evaporated.<p>I'm very glad

to hear John Schroeder's contributed to this endeavor, and want to observe in passing it was <b>he</b> who wrote,

"<i>Mr. Posner has gone out of his way to help you. Even contacting Mack on your behalf, a company which B&H no

longer has a relationship with. You have taken the position that the retailer is at odds with you when we are on

the same side.</i>" Thank you, John.<p>

--<br>

Henry Posner<br>

<b>B&H Photo-Video</b>

Henry Posner

B&H Photo-Video

According to UPS, Becky had called to ask for them to hold the package in their facility so she can pick it up. The tracking number now shows:

Delivered On: 11/17/2008 9:54 A.M.

Signed By: B BRILL

Again, I apologize for the shipping problem but it is not Mack Camera nor B&H's fault for UPS messing up a shipment when we specifically paid $53.46 for Next Day Shipping.

Scott

Mack Camera & Video Service

As a long-time moderator here in photo.net, I have been following this thread in the last few days.

Earlier today I had e-mail communication with all the main parties involved, including two e-mails from Becky. Given

that she did not indicate the contrary to me, I can only assume that she indeed received the replacement 40D

camera yesterday (Monday). Hopefully this matter is finally resolved after two months of frustration.

Personally, I have been a B&H customer since 1990, and I have received nothing but excellent service from them

each time. In particular, I am glad to have Henry Posner around to answer all sorts of complaints in photo.net as well

as forums on other sites. Some of you might notice that in the December, 2008 issue of Consumer Reports, B&H is

ranked #1 for mail order electronics (Amazon is ranked #3, and they have been providing me flawless service for a

decade also.):

http://www.photo.net/casual-conversations-forum/00RLdU

However, even #1 still has some glitches and unhappy customers.

I should point out that other than being a very satisfied customer, I have no other relationship with B&H.

<i>Personally, I have been a B&H customer since 1990, and I have received nothing but excellent service from them each time. In particular, I am glad to have Henry Posner around to answer all sorts of complaints in photo.net as well as forums on other sites.</i><p>Thank you. This is very gratifying and much appreciated, as are your labors here moderating us.<p>

--<br>

Henry Posner<br>

<b>B&H Photo-Video</b>

Henry Posner

B&H Photo-Video

• 2 weeks later...

Customer Service is one of the toughest jobs in the business. 80% satisfaction is considered world class. That means two

of 10 are disgruntled (yup - math major :) Becky, hopefully you have your camera now. From what I read in this thread, it

looks like Mack and B&H stepped-up and tried to do the right thing. Both firms deal with lots of moving parts each day and

this particular one received their attention when it reached a certain point. Having been in CS, I do have to say it is a bit

frustrating when you try your best and the customer kicks you when you are down. At the point of the 40D being on its way

a little thanks would have been in order. It is not Mack's fault that UPS screwed up. It was just the cherry on top of the

sundae. Hey Scott. I have a three year warranty on my M8. Hope I never have to use it (meaning I hope the cam performs

- no knock on Mack).