The Evolution Teaser is ...well Evolving

jason_hall5

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not even worth figureing out at this point.... Would be ssooooo cool it was real. I know many will hate it though. Many wedding photogs love the 5D due to combination of Full Frame and smaller size.

BTW, yes we did go to the moon.....nearly 40 years ago at that! I just wish I could afford a good enough lens to take the types of images I have in head.

Jason

"The image above may be a hoax. Notice that the vertical grip is completely integrated with the body like the 1D series. Good try though. ;-)"

I thought so too... I just composited an image of a 5D and a 1DMkIIn. I forgot to stick the beer tap on the side though... then it's a perfect camera. Bad for the 'professional' image though (the beer tap and all)

Would be cool IMO... especially with the expected 22mp+ and all the other goodies likely to be inside.

<cite>you guys must not know much about how to blow up a photograph and get detail. detectives on TV can take a picture of a car mirror 50 feet away and use some secret program to be able to read a page from a book in the reflection of the mirror...even if the book is a half mile away! get that program and all will be revealed....</cite>

<p>Perhaps it's built into the 5D II! That would <em>really</em> put Canon ahead of the competition. Hey, I hope this starts a rumour :-)</p>

A friend of mine who knows a guy that said he had spoken to his local Canon rep explained what they are actually.

Those two blue lines are likely to be Passive Infra Red (PIR) sensors that detect interesting scenes in front of the

camera and automatically take a shot. Naturally the camera will use the information gathered by the sensor to set

aperture, shutter speed, ISO for best results depending on the lighting etc. etc.

I think the photo with the integrated hand grip is a fake. My friend knows another guy who said that the 5D MkII will be

the same size as the MkI so it fits into the supplied forehead harness without obscuring the users vision. This harness

together with the PIR sensors this will allow for total hand and thought-free photography.

Thanks what I head anyway...

i think built in vertical grip is a possibility. why would they put a large black rectangle below the camera? if its just the model, they could have just painted it black or something... canon has not launched a camera with a vertical grip (accessory) attached to it. theyve launched the 1v, 3, 5,30, etc without one before, and so on. only the 1ds/1d series were launched with grips only because they were built in.

a smaller type 1ds/1d body could be very interesting.

Errol, my only guess as to why they would put the block there even though it does not have a verticle grip is to keep folks guessing/fighting over it. At this point no one knows if it does or if it doesn't, well not for sure anyway. I am still hopeing for two cameras. Of course if they do....they will probably put half the new features I want on one and the other half on the other camera. Oh well.

Jason

That lens looks a LOT like my 16-35L... and if it is, or it's another 82mm filter-size lens, then the curve of the lens extends well below the

camera body of a no-

grip model. I wonder why they would block out the bottom "to keep folks guessing/fighting over it" if it wasn't true. It

would only set us up for disappointment.

I've just seen a comment on Northlight Images about a camera feature that I had on my wish list. Variable ISO. I always thought that there must be a way to allow ISO values to be allocated on a pixel by pixel basis. Obviously, this would take some processing power and good algorithms! But it would seem that a company now has the capability to do this! Could this be a feature of the new 5D? I hope so. Taking it a little further you could effectively just say you wanted a ND filter effect and the iso would be least sensitive at the top of the scene and gaining gradually in sensitivity as you move down the frame.

The per pixel ISO potentional is huge! Reduced/Eliminated blowouts and loss of detail!

Just throwing this out there. Has anyone else longed for something like this?

I heard its just a generic outline 5d/1d just to showcase their next evolution in L glass.

Mostly beacuse the new 5D is delayed due to certain features... After adding the AI/autophoto, the cameras turned

on their creators and have been taking lots of pictures. (most of which show up on rumor sites)....

Oh well so much for keeping a straight face.

Whatever they announce it will probally leapfrog Nikon (sorry sony... have to get up there first) then a few

months later nikon will continue the game of camera tech leapfrog.

At least this is good for us.... unless you keep switching brands on a whim.

Aaron has a good point - the camera has to be a) fantastic, and possibly more significantly b) Must come in at a price point low enough to justify the hype.

If it's $3500 it's still a heck of a wedge to shell out for anything less than stupendous. But as long as it still has the direct print button I suppose we'll be happy ;-)

Damian