5D Will Not Take Pictures

scott_cooley

After shooting some group photos tonight, I returned home and downloaded all of the images to my computer. My

camera, however, has decided to stop working now. The CF card is in all the way. I have tried multiple batteries.

When I turn the camera on, the small display on top of the body turns on, but the LCD will not function. In addition,

the battery charge indicator and remaining photos indicator do not work. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Are you able to display menu functions on the rear LCD? Does it work without the CF card installed?Have you tried removing the lithium system battery and reinstalling it? Have you replaced the lithium system battery? How old is the camera and battery?

It sounds like it could be a bad CF card but the answers to the above questions will help in the diagnosis.

I have tried numerous batteries. The camera and batteries were purchased March 2007. I also have realized that it does not respond to the lens either. The autofocus does not work. The aperture cannot be controlled. If I try the camera without a CF card, the top display reads "NO CF". But with it in, nothing happens, and no error messages appear.

• 15 years later...