Elinchrom EL Skyport Universal Trigger doesn't fire on Nikon D300/200

libeso

it's not the other sync cord that's broken?

<br>

just mentioning this because i've had such a scenario myself, not being able to fire the strobe, knowing i had a

full battery in the receiver, i started changing sync cords on the transmitter, putting the transmitter in the

hotshoe, changing battery in transmitter.... when it turned out to be the sync cord from receiver to strobe that

was dead... (needless to say i didn't look especially cool in front of the waiting customer ,-)

Buy a new battery for the Transmitter there is no LCD on the Transmitter for the battery and the OEM battery is usually dead when you recieve it Also buy a spare for your bag you'll never know when it'll run dead. I had the same problem with the D80, or so I thought. I was about to call Elinchrom and start cussing, but then it hit me get a new battery first. Swapped out the battery and it has fired reliably ever since. Also, make sure you have your channels set correctly onr the transmitter and the receiver. Hope this helps please post back and let me know.

in response to a couple of these. I have tried with the sync cord (to the shoe mount) this works. I have been able to (as always) fire my sb800 and sb600 without issue (rulling out shoe issues) lastly the transmitter does drive the receivers (since when I put the test button they fire the recievers/flash units) it seems as though something is wrong with the transmitter I guess. I tried the transmitter on my D200/D300/D70 -without luck.

• 4 weeks later...