Which picture program is recommended for 1ds MKIII?

chris_shawn

Hello,

I now own a 1ds MKIII (since today) and have a shooting tomorrow. It is a people shooting in the studio. I am a

bit confused with the new "picture program" I can choose from in the settings.

I always shoot raw files only and adapt my settings in the computer later. Do you recommend to choose "natural"

(0/0/0/0) setting or leave it to the standard (3/0/0/0)?

Thanks

Chris

The Picture Style setting is only used by Canon's DPP software as the default settings for RAW conversion. Such settings can be overridden by you, and will be ignored by other RAW conversion software which doesn't read the Picture Style tags. Since you make all your own adjustments (in whatever software you actually use for RAW conversion), the answer is it doesn't matter at all.

Chris,

I think that Mark is correct, but the tags for styles may matter in what you see if you are shooting tethered. If you shoot tethered and use the Canon software, I believe that you will see the styles that you picked so leaving the style on landscape will be a problem in that case. Also I think that the file you see on the camera LCD will have the style on it as it is a compressed jpg of the raw file.