i think the term "paragon" defines it nicely.

xpiotiavos

well folks, the DA 35mm arrived today. I've had it for a whole 20 minutes so i haven't had much time to really run it through its paces, but i

thought i'd share the first few images.

the first is a shot of my apt complex, taken from my front door, followed by a 3:1 crop of the same image (3:1 meaning that i cropped it to

match what i saw when i clicked the "3:1" button in lightroom, then exported it as a jpeg without altering the image at all). the third shot is

a 1:1 macro of a wisteria leaf showing, above all, my gross inexperience in macro photography ;). no PP done in any image except the

crop and an exposure boost of +.8 in the third image.<div>00QpXr-70687684.jpg.a3e39b420c365edef8571be9b5c8ff18.jpg</div>

"i need lessons. mis? ;)"

Is that directed at me? OK, lesson #1: Use a Tamron zoom for leaf pictures.

It's worked for me.

Expect Paul to pop in to discuss this lens with you pretty soon...

(I'm pulling your leg, Paul!)

And I really wish people would stop posting great pics with this lens, cos I don't need my LBA to get any worse than it is.

Wow, the bokeh is SWEET on that leaf shot... very nice.

Somebody remind me; a while back there was a post about a Windows Explorer add on that would let you right click on a web image and view it's exif data. I'd like to have seen the aperture on that shot, but am just too lazy to download it and open it in a viewer.

Thanks

/Roger

Actually, I need to be commended. I turned down the FA 43 limited two days ago. In MINT condition for US$ 350.

I then went and blew that on a new Tamron 17-50 f2.8.

Reasoning is, I need a low light coverage of wide to medium, and the 43mm just won't do the low light wide that I really need now.

Sigh.

The 43 limited is still sitting there in the shop, cooing at me... Someone please buy it so I can't!