upgrading camera-Canon 40d?

Hello all . My Back Story. Got a Fuji 9100 a year and a 1/2 ago I have taken a little over 3000 images in that time.

To learn and see how in to it I got Well am very into it . What Am I looking to be shooting mostly. Sports indoor and

outdoor Wildlife deer ducks ect.. some general or causal shooting of course, bithday, weddings, Reading and taking

pics. Iam looking for a club around me to help but for now just me and every one here. I welcome all coments

thoughts.I AM NOT MARRIED to any of the following . My buget limit $2500. Canon 40d, Canon EF 85mm f/1.8

USM telephoto, Tamron Sp AF 200-500 f/5-6.3 Di LD IF autofocus,Canon EF 2x Extender. Bang for my buck, 2

years before next purchase. Thank You all for your time

JON

" great cinematic quality video shooting with sound"

Well, it is if you don't want more than a 5 minute clip, you don't mind a fixed exposure, you're prepared to do all your focusing manually and you're only looking for low quality mono sound.

I'd describe it as "adequate basic video" more than "great cinematic quality".

It's better than any other DSLR though....

As well as the 2x extender issue. You don't appear to have any shorter lenses; something suitable for those birthdays and weddings etc.

I would suggest adding a shorter zoom. The Canon 28-135 is often sold with the 40D as a special offer. While not the best lens in this range, it is a competant bit of kit and covers a useful range. Not an expensive purchase but if cost is a problem I would suggest leaving out the 85 mm for now. Unless you have a specific need for this lens I would think that the 28-135 would be more comprehensive for you.

WOW Thanks This is great.True do not care about video. Thanks RainerT with the heads up on the extender compatabilite.

GeoffFoale after your thoughts this is what am thinking (28-135kit general or causal shooting) (Tamron SP Autofocus 2x Pro extender, Tamron Sp AF 200-500 f/5-6.3 Di LD IF autofocus,Wildlife some sporting ). Find a Tamron compareabl to thisThe Cannon 85mm f/1.8 My thinking was a fast lens for the indoor sports/all sports with an extender I know I lose the stops.I Know that my thinking is kind of backward, with more in the body of camera and less in lens. The 40d gives me most of the lates and greatest options. exsample very fast shutter speed. and as I grow Then I get the best of lens for what I am doing. So IT is All about BANG for the buck in lens Not company.Thanks againto all for all this help.

Jon

Don't plan to use the 85/1.8 with a TC at all ...

http://www.photo.net/sports-photography-forum/00QXCe

... You will have to stop down quite a bit until quality becomes acceptable. I never tried the 85/1.8 with a 2xTC, but I guess behaviour will be the same as with the 1.4xTC (a Kenko in my case). You'll have to stop down to the point, where the physical aperture lens is as small as the physical aperture of the TC. (With the 1.4 TC, the results was an effectively usable 120mm f/4 ... and with a 2xTC this would be a 170mm f/5.6 (or even f/8) ... that's just not worth it).

Also ... the Tamron 200-500 is already f/6.3 at the long end, with the 2xTC it becomes a 1000mm f/13 ... AF will not work, and for manual focussing f/13 is horrible dark. (Remaining image quality will likely be very poor).

-- "more in the body of camera and less in lens"

This is exactly what you shouldn't do!