stolen elmarit 90mm

dxphoto

Just let u guys know someone stole the Elmarit -M 90mm lens from me last friday. I bought it from the ebay and

the UPS left it by the door without me signing the package. Someone took the package. the serial # is 3898731.

Hope it can be recovered. .. It took me a while to come up the money to get a new lens and I got it and I

didn't even see the lens before it was stolen.

If you paid by Visa or another credit card of Paypal you may be able to make a claim, if the other avenues fail.

I sent my former Plaubel Makina 670 for repair and it was delivered back by Fedex. Like your experience with UPS they

left it on the doorstep. It wasn't my doorstep but that of another address on the same street and where the people were

away for an extended period. A neighbour found the package on the doorstep days later, having heard that the package

was missing.

Leaving packages on a doorstep is a bad practice. Also, is it possible that UPS made a mistake with your address?

I thought, and in my experience it has always been, that UPS require a signature upon delivery. No way in hell would I choose a shipping option, if it was available, which wouldn't require my signature upon receipt. Hopefully insurance should sort it out. All the best.