digital ultracolor? between cameras

Hi,

When I shoot color film I often like to use kodak ultracolor.

As I look into getting a digital camera it seems that color

saturation is a parameter that can be adjusted. But often

camera reviews will pinpoint a camera's color response as

too blue/red, or too flat, or too saturated - by saying this are

only the default parameters being addressed, or do different

camera manufacturers chips' & in-camera processing really

vary significantly in the way they handle color?

Thanks,

Michael

The best bet is to use something like Photoshop, Lightroom, or paint shop pro to edit and manually adjust Hue / saturation.. i wouldnt worry too much about what the colors straight out of the camera look like. Just as in Sharpening, youll wanna fine tune all the shots any how, Plus, if your white balance is off, your colors will be bad anyhow.

Each camera company is free to process images in any way they feel fit. Yes, different manufacturers will see

the same scene and produce images with different levels of color temperature, contrast, and saturation.

Most, if not all, camera models allow you some control over this process in-camera. All Digital SLR cameras

allow you to have even more control over the process by way of detailed menus (more refined adjustments) for JPG

files or by allowing you to capture RAW information and develop a final image based on your own parameters.

In my experience, most reviews of cameras, unless otherwise noted, provide details based on the default camera

settings with no adjustments in camera or in post-production. If a camera provides RAW output there is usually a

comparison of in-camera JPGs to post-production JPGs created through various RAW development tools.