Thoughts and Opinions on Canon Packaged Software

adam_tomaszewski

Woah. Cool. Chris, thank you very much for the SS's. I think I'm gonna enjoy that card downloader. I dug out my

software CD about 10 minutes ago after reading this through. I'm in love with Lightroom 2 but I'm certainly willing to

try something new and see what comes of it.

That Auto-Rotate thing was the worst! Nothing but Lightroom would recognize the photos needed to be rotated.

Haha. That drove me nuts.

I want to add to the chorus of people applauding DPP. It's terrific raw conversion. Better than ACR. Better than LR. In particular, it's better at subtle color variations, and better controlling extremes in dynamic range. The new lens correction has no parallel in LR or ACR. Although it does take a while to figure out how to use DPP properly, it's quite worth the trouble, in my opinion.

Indeed, Bill. That was one of my worries. I'm not sure how to get the best out of it. I'm still relatively new to all of this so it's a bit of a curve.

Are there any decent DPP web sites or online tutorials anyone knows of? I installed it today and will start to play around with it soon. I figured If I'm going to use it I'll use it right.

I use DDP... mostly because its free=) but I can produce some nice prints with the minimal tools it has. I agree that the noise reduction isn't that good, but it works if you don't have anything else.

also, I use the stich program and it has problems, but works most of the time, the download utility is very nice... as for zoombrowser.... I have never used it, i've opened it, but have no idea why I need it. my photos get converted and adjusted in DDP, then I print them, or they sit.

I seriously don't get ZB=)