batteries

jay_frazier

Some help please was at a yard sale today picked up a nice Nion FTN The gent said it works but will need a battery

The camera is super clean lots of other stuff which I did'nt need Could you ladies and gents give me some info for

the battery Thank You P.S great Site

I see it uses mercury batteries which are no longer available, at least in the US. You will most likely need a silver oxide equivalent, though I seem to remember there is a potential problem with metering errors, as the silver oxide substitute runs

down. Don't worry, someone here will come back with the answer.

As Robert noted, the original PX675 1.35V mercury cells are no longer available. 1.5V silver oxide cells will give metering errors.

However, there are readily available 1.35V zinc-air cells that can be used in this camera. Several eBay sellers offer these cells - just search for "zinc air" under the Cameras & Photo section to see what you need to look for.

You folks are great I'll do some searching The gent that sold me the Nikon seened honest It cost me 20.00 bucks for the camera it's the all black model he had filters and a Vivitar 283 flash lens caps but i did'nt need any of that I would have liked to gotten my hands on the Bogen tripod #3020 but it was gone before i got there i'm goona love this monster sure is heavy compared to my FM Thanx a bunch

Get a packet of #675 zinc air hearing aid batteries. The Wein cells are overpriced, and little more than the same thing with a metal collar that brings it up to the size of the original #625 button cells. The smaller #675 buttons have fit well enough with every camera in which I've used 'em, including Canonets, older Canon FD mount bodies, Olympus OM-1 and others.