Can I attach Nikon Primes on a Canon 40D

martin_jordan

I have a 40D w/several Canon lenses and I also shoot video which I have 3 Nikon primes which I use with an adapter for my Letus extreme on my

video camera. What I want to know is, can I use these 3 Nikon primes on my Canon 40D also? And if so, what adapter do I need?

The Nikon Primes I have are:

• Distagon T 2.8/25 ZF

• Planar T 1.4/50 ZF

• Planar T 1.4/85 ZF

Thanks in advance.

Just get one those many Nikon to EOS adapter with focus chip at ebay. They are fine, not need to get the expensive

one. One adapter can be share between all three lens if you are OK with the added lens change time. I would buy

them one at a time to make sure you don't pick a bump supplier.

<p>Yes, and the adapter does not need class to compensate for the difference in flange to focal plane difference since the nikon should be designed for more than the canon. If the distance is less than the canon eos's 44 mm then the adapter needs to correct for it so the lens can focus at infinity. Nikon to EOS adapters do not need the extra glass to focus at infinity so a cheap adapter is fine. As suggested one with focus contirmation would be nice.</p><br />

<p>

You can find an article on this at: <a href="http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/eosfaq/manual_focus_EOS.html">http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/eosfaq/manual_focus_EOS.html</a></p>

The adapter must have the exact thickness to work lenses with floating elements. Is the ZF 25mm one of those?

In order to give infinity focus, the inexpensive adapters tend to be too thin. (Yes I got TWO of those.) They wreck havoc with floating element designs and make the focusing scale useless as well.