Rollei P11 With 400W Projector Lamp

john_baum1

I have a Rollei P11 projector which I was given at work when it was retired 15 or more years ago. Most visitors

giving seminars had 35mm slides and it was not 'ideal' for this format. Slides regularly jammed. Also, Kodak sold

a new model whose lens ''corrected for" the bow in cardboard mounted 35 mm slides.

I am preparing the projector for sale. I began inspecting it and find that it has an 'unexpected' bulb in it, a

Sylvania CYK 400W bulb. This is not the bulb specified in the manual (Type G 17q). Does anyone know if the CYK

uses the same socket as the Type G 17q? Could it be that the projector was modified to take this type bulb? I

believe that it only has one heat filter mounted. I will try to include a photo of the appropriate section of the

projector

I have a copy of the English language user's manual (E0268 G&I). It is 12 pages long. I'd be glad to scan it to

jpg images suitable for a 'manual archive' if there is one on the forum. I will need some 'coaching' how to do

this to get it into the right place.

I am troubled that on page 4 one instruction reads "The lens pulls out and is interchangeable (->page 13)." There

is no page 13.

In another post "Rollei P11 slide projector - advice and leads on finding slide magazines"

Chauncey Walden , May 28, 2008; 06:01 p.m. says:

"Sometimes the rubber friction gear gets hard with age and slips. You have to clean it off and rough it up a little."

Can anyone provide a bit more detail regarding finding and cleaning this part of the projector?

With the lens out (1:3.5 f = 110-160 Vario) I can see that some helpful soul wrapped white lab labeling tape

around the rubber drive roller that manages the focus. Perhaps it would be better to follow the "clean and

roughen" advice given above for this part, too?

Thanks for any insights.

John<div>00Qb6v-66267684.jpg.33705ee639e93262f328a22e227b2427.jpg</div>