Arca-swiss F-Basic

maxvon

Hello Ive run accross an Arca-Swiss F-Basic but Iam Iam confused becase I have heard that there is an A,B,C model and then the newer F-line basic. If anyone could shed some light on the differences between the older and newer model or a web site that has information.

the Arca-Swiss F- Basic is , I think, the same as the ArcaSwiss

Classic. be aware that the camera that preceeded the

Arca-Swiss "F" cameras were known as basics, and there were

tat least three models:<P>the Basic A, an axis tilt

design.<P>The Basic B, a base tilt design<P>the Basic AB

model which has a base-and-axis tilt model.

As far as I can tell (as owner of an Arca F basic), the differences between the ``basis'' and ``classic'' model are:

<ul><li>the basic has a 40cm rail that comes as one piece, where the classic has the telescoping rail (2 rails where the standarts are attached to, connected by another rail that slides in the tripod socket)</li>

<li>for the basic, the horizontal shifts are locked by screws, where the classic uses a spring-loaded clamp</li></ul>

While the non-collapsing monorail really tends to get into the way when packing the camera (I switched mine against the collapsable rail of the ``C'' version very soon), I actually prefer the screw locks over the clamps (but this is just a matter of personal taste).<br>

I heard rumours about the F-line basic not being available anymore (backed up by the latest pricelist I have, where this models doesn't seem to appear anymore).<p>

I can recommend the F-line basic - it's a really fine camera