ETRSi -- Only getting 14 exposures per roll

michael_oneill2

When the film is loaded it is not positioned correctly -- the first "exposure" is actually 3/4 on the paper

leader and about 1/4 on film. As a result, I am only getting 14 exposures per roll.

I have this problem with three different backs. I am loading the film in accordance with the instructions in the

manual and there are no apparent problems in the process. I'm guessing there is a problem with the camera body,

but I'm wondering if I'm just missing something.

Thanks

Mike

If you are having the same problem with three backs I would tactfully suggest that it is something you are doing rather than a fault with the body.<BR><BR>

Double check that you are winding the start mark on the film to the start mark on the film back. When I first got my Rolleicord I was consistantly starting the film at the wrong place and getting a similar problem.<BR><BR>

Sometimes the fact that you know (or think you know) what you are doing clouds your judgement of what you are actually doing.

If the spacing between all of the other frames is relatively equal, then I would day the body (and backs) are fine. It sounds more like improper film start point.

You aren't winding the film back before you put it on the camera body are you? The arrow on the film paper needs to line up with the red line on the left side of the film back insert, then left alone. Only after the film back is on the camera body should it be wound any farther.

Are you using a speed grip?