Reception Slideshow Method

Hello All,

I did a wedding yesterday where the venue had two huge flatscreen HDTV's there. Since I knew this ahead of time,

I decided to put together a simple slideshow in Lightroom and show it during the reception. I was already aware

that some successful photographers do this as a regular practice, and I now know why.... tons of positive

feedback, requests for business cards, people stopping to check out my work and ask me questions, etc. Obviously,

I liked this response. I know some brides wont be into it (spoils the surprise) so I'll def be asking.

The question is.... how do I achieve this on the 99% of locations who do not have 72" Plasma TV's?

Do you guys use a projector? 30" monitor/TV with a laptop?

FWIW, I searched and found tons of opinions regarding software, not much about the delivery process.

If it were me, I'd get a Dell 24" flatpanel or something similar. They're just large enough to be eye-catching, and definitely better to view images than the laptop's screen. Keep the box and packaging it comes in. They're really not that heavy or bulky. Then you could sort of tuck away the laptop out of sight or behind it. Use a wireless mouse if necessary for clicking/starting/stopping. Prep a few images with your info in advance, and intersperse them with the photos.

Thanks for the replies! DJ said the same thing to me! What is kinda funny and cool is that I was able to ask David Jay this question in person that evening when we went to the Freedom to Succeed Tour in San Francisco.... so unbeknownst to him, he answered me twice in like a 6 hour period. Thats some damn good customer service! Not to mention he was prob chillin in the tour bus at 4:30am.

DJ,

Thanks for a kick-ass seminar! I learned some cool stuff, had some of my PP techniques validated, and was engaged for 4.5 hours easily. We downloaded your slideshow software, and we're DEFINITELY going to get it.... so easy to use!

I totally rocked Showit sites Beta, which I found a WEEK after getting a bludomain site. Needless to say, it rocks, and I'll be making the transition before next years busy season.

• 2 years later...