Imac 24 2.8 memory upgrade problem

Hi to all , I purchase a 2-2gb mem upgrade from OWC and I 'am having a problem.If I install 2 new chip's the comp is not responding, if I

mix them with my old one 1gb and 2gb work's fine, I know that original mem is 667 mhz , the new one I ordered is 800Mhz , do you think

that this is the problem http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other%20World%20Computing/6400DDR2S4MP/ , my Imac was

purchased end of April 2008

please help me out , thanks

Can you be more specific as to what the problem is? Does the computer not recognize the new memory? Or does the memory just not show up? Does the computer not work at all with the new memory? If I recall properly, the newer iMacs use the small laptop memory cards. You really have to push them in hard to make sure they seat properly. If they are not all the way in, that could be the problem. If you look at the OWC site, there should be instructions for installing RAM. I think they even have some videos showing proper installation. If this doesn't solve the problem, then it's likely the RAM is either defective or you have the wrong type. You didn't say how old your iMac is. If you have an older model, the 800Mhz RAM could be incompatible.

OWC's site will tell you exactly which ram modules you need, if you tell it exactly which Mac model you have. If I read this

correctly, you bought a prior generation iMac that uses PC 5300 667MHz ram, and then tried to install the DDR PC 6400

800MHz ram that goes into the current generation iMac, and that is wrong.