clouding in my M7 eye piece

Over the last couple of weeks the eye piece that I look through seems to have become 'clouded' for want of a better

description. I have tried cleaning it with a cloth etc (but no fluids) with little effect. I am just wondering if anyone else

has experienced this kind of thing and how it can be remedied.... thank you

Does the camera have an eye piece diopter correction lens installed? If so remove the diopter eye piece and clean both sides and the camera it self?

You can use denatured alcohol with no problem. I just moisten a paper towel and apply and then use the dry part to clean and remove any residue.-Dick

You can unscrew the eyepiece also if you do not have a diopter correction lens. My eyepiece sometimes comes off when I

unscrew the magnifier. Amazing how dirty the inside can get.

Same cleaning procedure as Richards describes, or use diluted washing up liquid. And while you are at it, give the windows

on the "outlook side" a good cleaning too.

Please take care if following some above advices in respect to unscrewing the native eyepiece. At the same time the model MP was put for sale (about one year following the start of the M7) the eyepiece of the M7 was also revised and no longer may be unscrewed, having instead to remove the rubber covering and then some minute screws underneath, thus to try unscrewing it in the earlier manner with some force could well cause damages. Additionally that revision brought with it a space which can attract filth to enter behind the eyepiece, which leads me to suspicion that may be the type of eyepiece on this gentleman's M7.