Mansfield EYE-TRONIC - who knows it ?

Hello.

Can anyone help me with finding out anything about this camera - Mansfield EYE-TRONIC, I know it is a Mamiya

(EE Merit/Super Merit ?) sold in the US as a Mansfield EYE-TRONIC and even as a Honeywell Electric Eye, in the

UK it was sold as a Vulcan. The year it was made was about 1962. I have not been able to find one exactly the

same as mine on pictures on the internet, there is only a Mansfield EYE-TRONIC model with the exposure-counter

close to the flash-shoe, on my model of Mansfield EYE-TRONIC the exposure-counter is out to the front end of the

camera in the front-left corner, and the counter window is narrow and one side is curved.

I am very hapy to own it, it is in very good working order, apeture, shutter and even the expusure.meter is fully

working, all over it still nearly looks like new. Thank you.

Best wishes

Henrik Holm Brask<div>00QOoE-61878484.jpg.5c1d75d181a81f4a6f2f30590ae3e2cd.jpg</div>

I am unable to give you any more info about the camera, but in the UK Mansfield wasd one of the 'house' brands sold by the Dixons Photographic chain in the 60s - I had a (very) secondhand Mansfield standard 8 movie camera from them in about 1969 or 70.

Nick

Hello Winfried. I have goooled a lot of times and I have some of my knowledge from the website you mention - see my information above. I have not been able to find more than about 10 more or less usable records on the internet (the are other search-machines than google !) and no website have any accurate detail of the camera ! My only option now is to find help in a forum and hope someone knows something about the Mansfield EYE-TRONIC camera.

OK, then you already did your google search... The problem is that this camera obviously has no particular technical features and was no milestome in camera history. You will always have problems finding detailed information about mass-market and rather low-end cameras like this. Sorry, but even the web does not answer all questions.

To Pete: Yes I found out that it was a division of Argus, but it seems to be a blind end there.

To Winfried: I have owned the worlds most highend cameras and I tell you the Mansfield (which is a Mamiya) is not a rather low-end camera just because it is simple, when you lift it you will fell at once that this is a camera more than crap !!!!

And mass-market camera no way - then I would have found someone who knew just a little bit of the camera.

• 1 year later...