Best Joke today - Just got D700 need firmware update

walterh

A quote from another forum - No I will not say where and who posted it but you know I would never make this up.

"So now that many of you have had a chance to put the D700 thru it's paces, what are some pressing updates that's

required? I see the banding fix would be a major one for some but am curious what other things are. It may still

be too early but I thought I would ask.

I just received my D700 yesterday and have not had a chance to play with it yet in detail.

Thanks.

"

I have a hard time typing this - ROFL

LOL

Haven't you guys learned. When it comes to DPR - people are not ever happy. They create problems just because. Trolls are running rampage with 0 control. I've been a poster on DPR for two years. I've learned there & have gotten to the point that I could share & teach on that basis there - with respect. About two weeks ago I got attacked over trying to explain how someone may have reasoned & why they reacted such. In no way have I done it myself - - this is over a photographer photographing someone else's child or children in a public place. I was only trying to reason from a mother's point of view - - personally I've not ever reacted in such a manner. But I got attacked in such a ruthless manner I have now not posted there since. I've had several request for me to come back from people I've helped before & who seem to like me.

DPR is really an insane place. And there are some people there who just can't leave things alone - - all they want to do is find problems & issues. It never ends there.

JMHO

Lil :-)

John, there are two kinds of D70 banding...

I can tell from the way your bands are peeling up a bit around the edges that you have the first kind of banding. This kind can almost always be fixed with a simple blower brush, such as a Giottos "Rocket Blower".

Had those bands been more firmly adhered, you might have to loosen them first with a solvent such as Eclipse (be sure to use the E2 type on the D700) and a Pec*Pad wrapped on a small spatula.

• 1 month later...