Help- wedding next week and client won't return calls!

f._suarez

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone--

Here's a little update for anyone who's interested in finding out what happened with this situation.

After sending the "I won't do your wedding if I don't have the signed contract by Wednesday" letter to the client, I sat back and enjoyed my weekend. Come Sunday night, the client calls me and tells me that she is still interested and is still getting married. The reason she never got back to me after her phone call the week before was because her nephew had died.

Of course, I felt like a complete jerk. So I offered my condolences, but let her know that I still needed the contract and information on the wedding in order to move forward with our business agreement. She said she understood and promised to call me on Monday to clear up the issue she had with the contract.

Monday... no phone call. I tried calling her, but no answer. She emailed me on Tuesday apologizing and then says she'll call me that night. I finally get the phone call a few minutes before midnight. Turns out her question about the contract pertained to copyright usage and how I would be using the images. The situation was cleared up in less than a minute. I asked her about the contract and she promised to put it in the mail the next day (Wednesday) and then I asked her to give me the address of the ceremony site just in case the contract never showed up in the mail. She promised to call Wednesday to supply me with the information. I finally got my information on Wednesday afternoon, received the contract on Thursday, and then shot the wedding on Friday.

The wedding was small and hassle free. I still feel horrible about the bride's loss, but looking back on it, I don't really think there was a good way to handle that sort of situation.