MESSED UP WHITE BALANCE FIX

Greetings fellow photographers. The white balance in this sample was accidentally messed up. I just forgot that the "flash" white balance

setting was on and I made this shot with built in flash turned off. How can this be fixed in Photoshop CS3? Thanks for your help.

IMG_6736 copy.JPG<div>00QL90-60641684.JPG.6fe3b9927e39311048ebe0841a7324e9.JPG</div>

If you have photoshop, you can open the jpg in adobe camera RAW though bridge. Use the white balance eye dropper tool and click it on

something you think is neutral colored. I used the pants...<div>00QL9W-60645584.jpg.b5a22d574020fb94d9ede61c9ade1017.jpg</div>

Exactly what BG said. In Photoshop CS3, go to Edit - Preferences - File Handling and check "Prefer Adobe Camera Raw for JPEG Files." Then open the image normally in PS and it will open in Adobe Camera Raw. I just used the Auto setting under White Balance and it came out pretty well.<div>00QLA8-60649584.jpg.1ba1a1cf8b113ebe73f8ec3b9db1bf95.jpg</div>

Make an adjustment layer "photo filter" and select one of the blue series and and adjust the density to get it to balance.

The raw trick will work to some extent, however the samples are still not balanced properly because with JPEG the blue is already lost and can not be recovered.

Go as far as you can with raw converter, then use photofilter. Bottom of layers pallet, pick new adjustment layer, then photofilter from the selection list that appears.