I shot a 3 piece panaramic for a friend and the middle image i shot on a different day than the side images. the sky in the middle image is very

hazy(white) and wonder what the simplest way to get the sky blue. I have tried using the laso tool...selecting the sky and attempting to use

various tools, all with no success. Can someone tell me the quickest way to get results. Thank you kindly

Are you trying to <strong>change the color of the sky</strong>

or make it <strong>match the other images</strong> on the side of the pano...<br>

can you <strong>post what it looks like</strong> in current </p>

<p>

<b><font color="red">[urls in signature removed. Violation of Photo.net policy]</font></b>

I'm not PS pro, but I think this might work.........

1) Sample the color from the side image(s)

2) Go to the middle image, and copy the layer (Ctrl-J), so as not to ruin your original image, just in case.

3) Lasso the sky in the middle image, and press Alt-backspace to fill in the sky with the sampled color.

4) Play with the opacity (and possibly the hue/saturation from the fx part of the layers palette), to attempt to get the

sky to match.

Sorry, I'm not at home at the moment, so this is all from memory.

I keep a sky /clouds stock folder and use them when i need a better sky.

I think you would say yourself a lot of trouble if you simply replace the entire sky with a stock one or take the left one and duplicate twice and join it. Then make it the entire sky. It will need to be the same size and resolution as the land area.

Another way is to simply join the left right thirds and stretch them to the required width using image resize. Uncheck the box that says constrain proportions . Overlap them some and use the eraser tool with various opacities to make a seamless blend.

Thanks to everyone. i have yet to upgrade to cs3...but will try the recommendations. This website is incredibly helpful, and

the users compensate for all the negatives found elsewhere in "cyberland". Hope someday I can help others. I'm attaching a

link to my under-construction webpage.....for feedback on my images----temp---webpage

Photo.net blows away the help menu in Photoshop...at least for me...whose brain doesn't work so good.

Thanks to all gary

http://www.kismet-photography.com/

I don't know if it will still work in the new photo.net arrangement but if you want to show a panoramic shot within the text of this forum then rotate the image by 90deg, make sure it is smaller than 700 pixels wide (I would suggest 500) and attach to the question/answer.

I must admit that I like panoramic shots and also have difficulty getting the sky to match up well. So I am most interested in the answers already given. The example I shall try to attach is made up from 8 shots. Normally I shoot in portrait mode so that the image is not too letterbox shape. I have taken as many as 16 shots and it can take quite some time in PS to get it all stuck together.<div>00QM7W-60969684.thumb.jpg.610744f0cf12e5465884254b171bbf07.jpg</div>