Transmitter & Reciever

I am thinking about buying the AlienBees B800 flash unit and I am also intersted in purchasing the AlienBees

CyberSync Transmitter. I know that the unit can be used as a slave but my question is: Do I need to purchase a

reciever to fire the B800 while using an AlienBees CyberSync Transmitter or does it have a reciever built in?

Thanks!

I don't think the flash units have a receiver built in, unless that's a brand new feature. Seems like that would hurt receiver sales and push up the cost of the flash units if that were to be added.

The slave function on the bees is light sensitive, but if you're using a transmitter I don't believe the flash units will fire without at least one unit connected to a receiver. I'd suggest calling them and confirming. They are usually quite helpful over the phone.

The B800 has an optical slave but not a radio receiver. You will need both the transmitter and receiver. P Buff is working on a new line of monos that will have the radio receiver built in, but they aren't out yet.

Kent in SD