Using the 40 1,4 voigt lens on CL

Orville is right. It only matters if you care what others think. CV lenses are very fine lenses. Perhaps Leica lenses have the edge but not by much. And CV lenses are superior to older Leica lenses. I have used the 40mm 1.4 on M6, M7 and M8 and it produces good results. The lens hood gets in the way. My main problem though is the focus tab. I hate those things on all lenses and much prefer a ring. My 40mm is also quite stiff. My 35mm f1.7 Ultron is a dream to focus and I don't worry about wandering around with it on an M8.

Francois, is it the original LH-5 hood you're using? That hood on my 40 Nokton causes no trouble with the Minolta CLE, so it's a little surprising to hear of dissatisfaction on the CL. Does the hood get in the way of the small focusing-spot window?

The LH-5 has been discontinued, and replaced by the LH-6 introduced with the 1.4/35mm Nokton. The hoods are nearly the same, but you might try the LH-6 to see if it's better for your use.

I just tried my Nokton 35/1.4 (about the same size as the 40/1.4) with LH-6 hood and there is significant blockage of the

focusing window. I am afraid you'll have to use the lens without any hood on the CL, unless there maybe a generic hood

available that works.