canon xsi msrp price drop, hurray!

michael_liu4

Go to canonrumors.com, click on canon 450d on right hand side, read the news. Canon canada has already started,

canon usa starts next week.

I been debating between a 40d and xsi for too long, just ordered my xsi from bh, and then i heard this. I hope bh

will do price adjustments, since they have a 15 day return policy. Also, i thought it be nice to spread the news,

since i did regret not purchasing the 40d during canon's rebate.

oh yeah, xsi with kit lens/ 749

w/o lens/ 649

actual prices will be cheaper of course. And yes, I feel great about my purchase now

I am new to the DSLR game. The last SLR I owned was with me for 20 years. I just bought my first one, the XSI kit, on my birthday for 899. I didnt think it was so new that prices were artificial nor did I know that DLSR prices sink faster than iPhones. Makes one think that camera companies have no interest in giving value to consumers or setting honest prices.

/bing

"I am new to the DSLR game. The last SLR I owned was with me for 20 years. I just bought my first one, the XSI kit, on

my birthday for 899. I didnt think it was so new that prices were artificial nor did I know that DLSR prices sink faster than

iPhones. Makes one think that camera companies have no interest in giving value to consumers or setting honest prices."

Or you didn't bother to shop around. I was at Costco yesterday. A Rebel XSi with 18-55 is was $799.95. I've seen it online

for a little cheaper...

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

"Makes one think that camera companies have no interest in giving value to consumers or setting honest prices."

There's so much competition nowadays that they have to give us pretty honest prices. It's just that price for new toys is always high just after release, it's not just cameras. Check computers, wow...

I have seen the XSi with kite lens for $749.99 (with FREE shipping) at Amazon already. In fact, a firend of mine bought one for that price about a month ago. I paid a little over $70.00 over that price, plus shipping, when it first came out. But, I couldn't wait :)

Ah, the internet. Major assumptions taken with little or no info. I bought it in May. I shopped around. I even drove around to take a look at it. Held the camera at Samy's, they wouldnt deal. Bought it off Beach Camera to save on tax and shipping. It was $ 899 everywhere then. Yes, its a new toy. The price dropped 50 bucks two weeks after I bought it, and another 100 two weeks after that. Its available now for 750 to 779 quite easily. Samy's will sell it to you now for 750 and they'll take care of the tax. My only mistake was timing. My wife was buying it for me for my birthday. Otherwise, I would have passed. A 150 dollar drop in price 1 month after you buy sumthin stings. I guess some of you like it or just accept it.

True, it is a buyer's market!

Just paid $850.00 for a 40d+28-135mm IS(Both new in box, with intact bar code, USA Warranty) Free extras that came with it; Hoya Uv filter, 4gb Transcend 133x CF card, and a generic Canon 511A battery.

This was with the Canon $200.00 rebate, plus $250.00 rebate(using www.live.com), and another $100.00 eBay/Paypal instant credit, on ebay.

Brian;

This evidently was a special rebate, from Microsoft's new search engine, www.live.com, was used to search for an item, using the available Live Search cashback links. Just checked, and it seems that Microsoft has pulled the plug, on this type of rebate. I will send you an email about this.

E. R. Averitt