Sunpak Auto 383 as a wireless slave

alisa_stieg

OK, I would like to be able to use my Sunpak Auto 383 as a wireless slave using my radio triggers. The flash has a

sync jack, but it doesn't fit my wireless trigger heads. Any idea what adapter I should buy in order to use my radio

triggers?

TIA,

Lisa

Is it International Pentax Flash day and nobody told me? No less than 4 threads on flashes started today...wow...

I'm off to test my LightBlast from the Past, the Vivitar 2800. Let's see if I can't fry my K10D!

(Just kidding, I have radio triggers. And the good ones too, from China. Those are the good ones, right? I mean, I paid about $40 for 1 transmitter and 1 receiver, so they must be good.)

(Yeah, time for me to go to bed...)

Mis,

$40 sounds about right. I've have sold you mine for $20 had you asked.

However, I don't think the triggers are bad now. I've been playing with them on a Canon G3 and an old manual flash and it works even to 1/500th. My guess is they don't work with the newer flashes.

So now I have a set of Skyports, and a set of Ebay gems. My intention was if I ever got the ebays going was to toss them in my backpack for backcountry shoots, rather than a $300 set of (3) Elinchroms (still less than a single pocketwizard).

I use the adapter cord that came with it?!?

Alternatively.... sunpak sells replacements, available at adorama. It's a 2.5mm mono plug, but a smidge longer than the

ones marketed by Mode, Philmore-Datak, etc. If you can find a manufacturer and part number for this slightly-off-standard

plug, I'd love to know. Same goes for prontur-compur plugs and sockets.

When I bought my Chinese slave set, I had to solder up my own adapter to connect it to the 'household' jack on my

Novatron pack. No big deal, but I was surprised to find that there is some sort of polarization to the receiver so if I plug it

in backwards it doesn't work. Flipping a non-polarized household plug is easy, but if you make an adapter and it doesn't

work, you may need to flip the conductors.