Which M42 Camera Do Yoy Prefer & Use the Most?

The Pentax SV (HV in the U.S.) is very nice. I've got a very heavily used one with the 35, 50, 105 and 200 Super Takumars.

It was especially popular in the UK, where press photographers and photojournalists (especially freelancers) generally couldn't afford Nikon in the 'sixties and 'seventies. It was commonplace, when out on a job, to see PJs with a Rolleiflex and a SV - one for colour and the other loaded with Tri-X or HP3. I knew at least half a dozen chaps who replaced pre-war Leicas with the SV because (a) it was cheap enough and (b) it wasn't much bigger than a screw mount Leica.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

<p><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=4184989">Jared Thompson</a> your photo have made me buy a yashica 55/1.8mm - lovely photography<br>

I use 2.8/50mm Zeiss Jena Tessar - not very bad - not very good - along with Pracktica MTL3 - recently have had shutter stucked and in repair for now.</p>

• 3 months later...

<p>I use an Olympus FTL (very rare) M42 camera system that I bought in 1971. I had it on the shelf and unused for almost 25 years. In my view, it is one of the nicest 35MM SLR systems ever made. I have FTL cameras (3 for parts that are in addition to the original one that I purchased), all the lenses that were made for it and every accessory. In short, I have the complete system. I recently sold a Nikon FM3A SLR. It was a great camera. I like the Olympus FTL better and would not sell it at any price. Some things are priceless.</p>

<p>I use an Olympus FTL (very rare) M42 camera system that I bought in 1971. I had it on the shelf and unused for almost 25 years. In my view, it is one of the nicest 35MM SLR systems ever made. I have FTL cameras (3 for parts that are in addition to the original one that I purchased), all the lenses that were made for it and every accessory. In short, I have the complete system. I recently sold a Nikon FM3A SLR. It was a great camera. I like the Olympus FTL better and would not sell it at any price. Some things are priceless.</p>

• 3 years later...